Annons:
Tag:ย medication
Read 1538 times
Evelina
2019-11-10 17:02

Tip for administrating Aimovig shots

I have a hard time with needles!

I dread having to give myself the Aimovig shots every month even though I know that they Help reduce the amount of migraines. I really have to talk myself into giving myself the shot every single time Laughing out loud

For this most recent time, I decided to pick up a numbing agent at the pharmacy, which was only about 8 euros. Its just a cream that you put on your skin an hour before the injection. 

It actually helped quite a lot to Help reduce the stinging pain from the medicine. I highly recommend it if you are like me and don't like shots!

Annons:
Niklas
2019-11-11 11:54

I think those are available as band aid-style patches too. My son loves them and almost enjoy going to the doctor to have shots now that he doesnโ€™t feel the needle. An alternative to taking the shots yourself, is asking your boyfriend to give them to you. My wife once had to take medication through shots and we made a deal that I would give them to her. I hate needles and blood myself so it sort of evened out the burden. ๐Ÿ˜€

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2019-11-11 12:04

He gave me the shots the first few times but when he did them, it was actually more painful. The reason is due to the packaging of the shot. It is prefilled requiring one to press the plastic packaging into the skin a bit and then pressing the injection button and the shot is done when the spring springs back. However, I can feel when the shot is done before my boyfriend. So the very end part of the injection results in a quite a lot of pain when the spring springs back but the shot is being pressed into my leg, which can be avoided if I do it myself. That doesnt make sense at all when I try to explain it haha ๐Ÿ˜† However when my doctor did it the first time it was only a little painful.

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย