Annons:
Tagmedication
Read 1713 times
Evelina
2019-06-19 22:57

I gave myself 2 shots of Aimovig

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

So this has been my 5th or 6th month taking the Aimovig shots as a preventative treatment against chronic migraine. Since I’m traveling this summer, I have to take the shots myself as normally my boyfriend does it for me. I hate needles and blood! 😆 💉 The shots are prefilled autoinjecters filled with 70g and I take two because one wasn’t enough. You are supposed to inject in your stomach or thighs by stretching the skin flat with one hand and injecting the needle with the other by pressing the device into your skin at a 90 degree angle and clicking the top button until you see all the medicine has gone in (there is a small window and it takes about 15 seconds). I was shaking but the first one didn’t hurt at all! So I was like ok cool. Did the second one on the other thigh, which hurt pretty bad and got all swollen after. Both bled for a couple minutes but not a lot. And that was it!

Annons:
Niklas
2019-06-20 12:07

70 gram, that sounds like a lot. I wouldn’t have thought the body could absorb that much that fast from a needle. Is it a big needle?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-06-20 12:09

Oh, I just saw the photo. It was 70 milligrams, I guess. That makes sense.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-06-20 13:27

Ouch! I don't mind needles but I wouldn't like inserting it myselfSilence Has it helped your migraines??

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2019-06-20 18:32

#1 Lol yeah I wrote wrong it is mg 😅

Evelina
2019-06-20 18:39

#3 I didn’t notice any difference with just one shot of 70mg. But when I did 140mg I noticed it was working about the same as the Botox did. So lowered the migraine amount quite a lot. From nearly everyday to about 10-15 migraine days. The biggest difference I felt was a month ago when I accidentally forgot to take the two shots for nearly a week. I felt so sick like I did the first year or two that I didn’t have much of any effective treatment. It all came back to me and I could only think to myself, how did I manage that time period? Not only was it that I had migraines daily, I had burning eyes, feelings of general unease, and the worst was my tummy - I think I feel the pain and anxiety most in stomach so it was hurting a lot. And then I counted my calendar and I was like oh duh!

Tammie
2019-07-12 21:43

It has been a bit since your last comment. How is it going with the Aimovig?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Evelina
2019-10-09 16:23

It is going really well with it!

Niklas
2019-10-13 12:51

Great!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2019-10-13 17:01

I am so glad!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2019-10-13 18:35

My doctor said that I should take it at 3.5 week instead of 4 weeks because I can notice that it wears off at the end of the month and I experience more migraines then so hopefully taking it earlier will Help that.

Scroll to top
Annons: