Annons:
Tagmigraine
Read 1576 times
Evelina
2018-04-18 19:10

Chronic Migraine's Effect on Social Life

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

"Due to the war going on inside of our bodies, we have a limited amount of energy compared to healthy individuals, which causes our limitations to be different than those of a healthy individual. It is beyond important for us to remember to not overdo it and push ourselves too much. Sometimes even if we are not in a ton of pain, we may simply not have the energy to go out to movies, a concert, or dinner. Especially when we still have to do things like care for children or pets, prepare meals, or do laundry. It is on us to figure out what all we can possibly get done and to do those most important or necessary things first, which can leave us with no energy for some extras even if they are fun filled events. Unfortunately, many of us are faced with significant others, friends, or family who simply do not understand this concept and cannot see beyond the fact that we said we cannot go with them. It is not as simple as ‘pushing through the pain,’ like so many people believe."

-Amanda Workman on Migraine.com 

Read more here!

Annons:
Evelina
2018-04-18 19:18

I can definitely relate to this article. It is not only friends and sometimes my partner but also me saying I ought to do more rather than staying home.

Scroll to top
Annons: