Read 1709 times
Evelina
2018-02-24 00:30

Migraine Lifestyle Changes

Ok, the video might be a little corny, but it gets the point across! Laughing

Annons:
Niklas
2018-02-27 17:05

How much difference does managing sleep, exercising, eating well, drinking a lot and do stress exercises make? Can you avoid the symptoms completely?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-02-27 18:36

No I do not think one can not avoid the migraines completely. It is different for everyone though. They say, for example, that at least two days a week of 30 minute exercise, is equivalent to taking a beta blocker preventative medicine everyday. 

So for me, I have tried several preventative medicines, including beta blockers, however, they made me feel sick to my stomach, dizzy and even pass out a few times. So my doctor said to make sure that I keep up on cardio exercise to reduce the pain of migraines. Unfortunately, I have chronic migraine which is a migraine that is there nearly all the time and almost everyday. For me, changing my lifestyle is not about preventing migraines since that is impossible, but rather reducing the pain and hopefully the frequency. 

I would say that adequate sleep (10 to 12 hours a day) and the minimisation of stress for me, personally, is absolutely key. Regular meals, avoiding trigger foods and smells (such as alcohol and perfume), regular water intake, and exercise are also important.

Niklas
2018-02-27 19:00

Okay, I understand. Isn’t it hard to get 10 to 12 hours a sleep every day. I mean, that only leaves 12 to 14 waking hours to do all you have to.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-02-27 19:05

It is hard but I have to prioritize my health and well being above all else. At the minimum I sleep 8, but that still leaves me feeling unrested.

Scroll to top
Annons: